THE ASK DR. ELDRITCH
Cover Art Contest!
WANTED: Models for the cover art for the Ask Dr. Eldritch Book #3! Rather than just get some stock photos for reference, I think it would be more fun to have actual readers be models. It could be YOU!
The scene is the birthday party for a 12-year-old girl. She wears a festive party hat, but stands with her arms crossed. Her expression tells of an epic, angry disappointment in her presents, which are All Just Not Good Enough. Her parents stand behind her, holding out gifts in an effort to appease her. Here's the stick-figure interpretation I did:
Minimum requirements: A photo of the glowering birthday girl. The party hat, parents and/or presents are not required, but the more elements your photo has, the greater your chances that all or some of your submission is used. Points given for clarity, composition, artistic interpretation, and enthusiasm. Send your photo to email@example.com on or before May 31st!
THE ASK DR. ELDRITCH
Easter Egg Contest!
Many comics contain Easter Eggs!
Be the first to spot an Easter Egg in a webcomic and leave a comment on the corresponding entry on the AskDrEldritch LiveJournal page (no registration required), and win a Virtual Box of Doughnuts!* If no one correctly identifies a given Easter Egg, I'll post hints. After a day or two, I'll reveal what it is.
Qualifying Easter Eggs are:
1) Supernatural creatures that are not part of the main action (may include otherwise "inanimate" object who move, open eyes, or otherwise behave in a non-inanimate manner), and
2) Specific references to characters or situations in the advice letters.
Not ALL comics contain Easter Eggs. When the copyright symbol at the very bottom of the page (not the one at the bottom of the comic image, the one down by where it says something like "© 2003-2011 Evan Nichols") is RED, then there's an Easter Egg in the comic. Of course, if I mess up and don't flag a comic that does have an Easter Egg, you can claim a box of Virtual Doughnuts for Spotting The Muck-Up!
* NOTE: Not a real box of doughnuts. Do not eat.
Be an Easter Egg Contest!
You may appear as an Easter Egg in a future comic, if you do the following:
1. Dress up in a costume. It should be some monster or supernatural creature, such as a vampire, fairy, zombie, elf, werewolf, pixie, mummy, gnome, etc. (sorry, your Doctor costume doesn't count).
2. Take a clear, full-body digital photograph. Your photo is more likely to be used of you're doing something interesting, like running, flying, attacking, hiding, peering around a corner, or even sitting as if you're watching the comic characters. Yes, "standing" is an action, but it's not nearly so interesting.
3. Unscramble this email address (askdreldritch.com @ contest), and email your photo to it, in a png or jpg format, no larger than 1M size. Include in your email how you want to be identified (e.g. Reader Zanzibar), or if you wish to remain anonymous.
That's it! The contest will continue, as long as Readers send in photos!
CLICK HERE FOR ASK DR. ELDRITCH CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES